Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

One prerequisite for being Anna Hazel is change. Growing up I always hated change, but now that I am finding my own way into the world I've found that change is necessary. My good friend Magdalena told me a while ago that she noticed that I don't stick with anything for more than one year, and it's pretty much true. One year in Austin and I am ready for a change... which I think will come in the form of a new home and new roommates.

All of the sudden, I get anxious, and I know what time it is. What is going to be new? Will I like it? Will I hurt people by doing it? Will life ever be the same after one more year?

Taking a chance can hurt but more often than not the world will keep on turning and it might turn out alright. I recently cut my hair in the back yard, worked through problems with a teacher, started working at the Cactus, told someone something important to me, and drank half a bottle of whiskey. Monday I'll head out on the road to California with my good friend Emily, and there's two people I'm going to miss a lot this summer, and I just don't know what to do with myself.

3 comments:

Sarah Hazel said...

I just don't know what to do with myself...da dum. (White Stripes)

Anna Hazel said...

xactly

catonthemoon said...

i love bowie! my changes, my precious changes..d